Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Monday
I requested to go to Hangzhou or some cultural places, so this uncle took me. We took a cab to XuhuiQu(a rather prosperous area in Puxi) and so we bought a bus ticket to Hangzhou/. He conversation with a customer on the phone is quite interesting. It went something like this. “yaya, the normal price is 28wan but since u are regular customer, we can give u the lowest-22 wan. (then after more haggling..)well, since we always do business with u, I will see if we can give u 15wan” wah, no wonder can earn money, a bit of difference is in wans(but c’mon la, peanuts in Singapore is 600,000s$). The journey was rather boring , ut the HK movie they showed on the bus was quite corny and very destressing. We got to Hangzhou in 2.5hrs. Btw, Jinmao building is very impressive. I know I am getting very sino-inclined now.
The taxi here is the same price as Singapore. We live in this Xinxin hotel just infront of XiHu(damn famous fyi). The view from the balcony on 3rd storey was slightly blocked by trees, so the uncle requested the 6th storey room. I tink I took taxi for like 30times these few days, and I tink taxi here is very ex, but it’s not my money so well. We had lunch at the city area. The urban area of Hangzhou is very good too, but of course Singapore is still better. Tried some local delicacies, like Maoerduo aka cat ears(it’s just small earshaped stuff in a wonderful seafood broth), xiaolongbao again, snails(I just hate the baby snails inside!) etc. Actually I tink eating here is damn ex also. Just eat a bit and it’s 50yuan liao, quite ex even for Singapore and HK standard.
We took a boat, a bit ex… To the islands on Xihu. They say shang you tian tang, xia you su hang(referring to hangzhou) . Well, I would tink this is exaggerated but honestly, Xihu’s a really beautiful place. It’s impossible to describe its beauty in sheer words, or try to capture it in pictures. But one will simply be caught by its beauty, seriously. Xihu is a beautiful lake, yet it eludes a different flavor from each and every angle. The water in the lake is peaceful, and the gentle mountain ranges form a picturesque portrait. The area is really redolent of the glamour and romance of this ancient city. The islands were very beautiful too, like the pavilions and the gardens on the islands itself(but I heard the gardens in suzhou is even better) The lake on one of the island is really shen, so beautiful I am totally enthralled by it. I din really care abt all those names and the so called 10 attractions, but I really found beautiful elements of this place.
Well, tbh, if I can have the whole area to myself, I would think it’s ultra romantic to go with my lover. Really! ;) Very romantic I would think. Then after much admiration, we took a cab to Liuhe pagoda, a bit out. It’s a nice place. It’s very popular with Japanese tourists too. We climbed to the 13th storey, the view there was almost breathtaking. The area around the pagoda, the garden etc was also nice. So we went to Lou Shang Lou, the most renowned restaurant in Hangzhou for dinner. Tried stuff like Dong Po Rou(very very nice, even the fats on the meat), Yi Ping Zhong(very nice broth with the 5seafood delicacies- shark maw, shark fin, abalone, sea cucumber and scallop), xiaolong etc. I had 1/2 l of honeydew juice too. Tried the xihu beer. After a very sumptuous meal, it was dark already. So we just walked across Su Causeway(I tink it should be dyke, but nvm) built by Su Dong Po. It’s very very long, take around 1hr. Then we sat beside the lake, admiring its night beauty. And uncle was teaching me abt doing business here. Well, I really feel like quitting sch and just doing business now… haha, I am quite serious leh@@
Actually they are still having the banquet, feel so paiseh for not attending..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home