Saturday, October 22, 2005

BTW if u dunno which part of Shanghai i am in,i am now in the area just behind the location of World Expo 2010.
Basically within 1 hr of arriving, i went for the banquet at my cousin's house. I changed out of my Singapore-look-so-tu clothes and dressed in some funky looking clothes. It was a lot of people. Like at least 20 tables, all inside her house, so try to imagine the sizee. And like a mini United Nations. Soo many peoople. And there's really a lot of people i dunno. The food was too much... It was like 8 leng pan first, then 15 hot ones, then dessert. The table was almost more than half left. But a lot of nice food. THis uncle from Germany gave a model of Benz cars and benz logo since it's founding. And i got some rare francs from another uncle too( i particularly liked the Paris commenration coin, damn rock!)Actually although many of them may be a bit uncouth or what, but all damn rich sia. See the money on the table during mahjong. I remmebered one uncle who came Singapore for 3 hrs this May and just called me to see him to give me a cool US$200, and i hardly knew him @^@
I met the bride, who's one of my favourite cousin. Seriously, i itnk if it were last wk,i would have wanted to skip my cts to attend. She's really nice, esp to me. And she looked so beautiful in her red wedding stuff. YEt she still has this crack of lameness in her... HAHAHAHAHQ!
And so it's just eating a lot. After that was just like cards and mahjong. But i was a bit tired after the flight so slept at around 11,damn early for my standard. And i was sleeping in this damm big room, in land-fenzy Shanghai..
I really like the weather, autumn. WOke up once at 3, maybe becos i normally sleep so little. Got up late. Just red Harry potter and went for banquet again. Again at her house. But today's lunch got 40tables. Evne their gigantic house can't hold, so even have to extend to neighbour's house. Started at 11am. The dishes were even more extravagant. First, it was the leng pan again. Like just roasted meats, duck tongues,jellyfish etc. Got like 10dishes and i swear i oculd be full on these alone. THen was re pan part 1. It was firstly those turtle, pigeons, crocodile meat etc.. a lot of meat. Then around 12.30. There was an official break. Just presented sweets and fried ice cream and given hot wet towels. Suppsoed to take a short break and chat. Resumed eating at around 1. So re pan part 2. THen it was all the other duck, deer meat, hairy crabs etc. I had 3 crabs myself alone. Finally it was desserts, fruits and wantons. Was damn full, really
The bride and bridesgroom came around. Presented alcohol and light up cigeratte. I was compelled to take 1 puff of cigeratte. I reaffirm, it is for her. Presented the fat hongbao to her... But i am drinking a lot of alcohol these few days. Drank a lot beer today and i drank a lot of yellow wine today.
Seriously, there was always too much food left. They feel it's their custom to have too much food. Well, i tink it's damn wasteful. No joking, but 3 whole storerooms were to keep the stuff for cooking(they hired professional cooks to cook in the garden/porch). And the boxes of beer alone stacked up were at least 2mx1mx2m, even taller than me. There were like 1000 live hairy crabs at first... sheer extravagance i would say. So ate till damn late.
Walked around a bit.
Then at night was same thing again. Went with them to the man's house. Just to see in laws. I met my other cousin, not marrying one. She's one of my closest cousins too.. wow they are all damn chio now!! She's quite funny. She dun earn much, but she works in the damn high class estates. Renting 1 room at her place on low floor is US$1800 a month, that's ex ok? And she come into contact with a lot of people, like Chen Xiao Dong and some famous American chinse scientists. And despite her relatively low pay, she's clad in all those branded stuff, like Luis Vutton(or whateva the name) and all those branded cosmetics, and not fake somemore. So rocker lifestyle... and a lot of fireworks. A bit noisy though
Then surprisingly took yet another car to the hotel, in the hart of the city. Called Lu Po Lang. They booked 3/4 of restaurant cos got like another 30tables. Ordered more than enough food yet again. The leng pan alone could already fill my stomach, all those delicacies. Dman tasty though. Then ate the biggest lobster i eveer seen in my whle life. And just more rocker food. I think i gonna put on a lot of weight leh.. X_X. The turtle and snake soup was damn nice. Heard one table cost more than 3000 bucks RMB. Wah, that's a lot of money man. But also heard everyone give a lot of gifts.
SO she and her husband did all the normal stuff, thugh the shanghaiese jokes were quite funny. They even hired a professional filmmaker to film everything and make into cd or wad. Then she went to light candle at every table and offer us wine. I drank a of wine again, this time red wine.
So took yet another car home, with Shenshen and that other cousin. She's kinda a bit too close to me. LIke lock my arms, hold my fingers, lay her head on my shoulder. But we're really kinda close, so... But it would be nice to do it wiht my lover sometiems... It gets dark so early now. SO i am like the only one now still awake, blogging, surfing the net and probably reading harry potter later.
BB, i am really enjoying myself. Just hope i do okie for CTS ><
btw, shanghai girls are really chio, and have an excellent dress sense. My aunt asked me how was the s'pore gals. I told her honestly, i haven't met any good ones yet, at leat not the singapore-born ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home