Saturday, October 22, 2005

BTW if u dunno which part of Shanghai i am in,i am now in the area just behind the location of World Expo 2010.
Basically within 1 hr of arriving, i went for the banquet at my cousin's house. I changed out of my Singapore-look-so-tu clothes and dressed in some funky looking clothes. It was a lot of people. Like at least 20 tables, all inside her house, so try to imagine the sizee. And like a mini United Nations. Soo many peoople. And there's really a lot of people i dunno. The food was too much... It was like 8 leng pan first, then 15 hot ones, then dessert. The table was almost more than half left. But a lot of nice food. THis uncle from Germany gave a model of Benz cars and benz logo since it's founding. And i got some rare francs from another uncle too( i particularly liked the Paris commenration coin, damn rock!)Actually although many of them may be a bit uncouth or what, but all damn rich sia. See the money on the table during mahjong. I remmebered one uncle who came Singapore for 3 hrs this May and just called me to see him to give me a cool US$200, and i hardly knew him @^@
I met the bride, who's one of my favourite cousin. Seriously, i itnk if it were last wk,i would have wanted to skip my cts to attend. She's really nice, esp to me. And she looked so beautiful in her red wedding stuff. YEt she still has this crack of lameness in her... HAHAHAHAHQ!
And so it's just eating a lot. After that was just like cards and mahjong. But i was a bit tired after the flight so slept at around 11,damn early for my standard. And i was sleeping in this damm big room, in land-fenzy Shanghai..
I really like the weather, autumn. WOke up once at 3, maybe becos i normally sleep so little. Got up late. Just red Harry potter and went for banquet again. Again at her house. But today's lunch got 40tables. Evne their gigantic house can't hold, so even have to extend to neighbour's house. Started at 11am. The dishes were even more extravagant. First, it was the leng pan again. Like just roasted meats, duck tongues,jellyfish etc. Got like 10dishes and i swear i oculd be full on these alone. THen was re pan part 1. It was firstly those turtle, pigeons, crocodile meat etc.. a lot of meat. Then around 12.30. There was an official break. Just ate fried ice creams and got hot wet towels to clean to officially chat and prepare for more eating. So was re pan part 2. Just all those stuff again. I ate 3 hairy crabs! Lol . desert was just fruits and wantons though. HOnestly, they had like 3 wholle storerooms devoted to storage of stuff and hired professional cooks to cook n the garden/porch. Just the boxes of beer alone, stacked up, was like 2mx1mx2m. OMG, imagine the rest.
SO finished lunch. Walked around a bit. THen went with another cousin in another car. She's really one of my favourite cousin, one of my closest too. She's a bit funny. She dun earn much but her job make her seem rich. She's kinda like agent for this damn high class apartments. Her customers include Chen Xiao dong and some famouse American scientitsts. And she wears like all branded stuff , like Luis Vutton(or whateva the name) etc. But she's really damn nice person to me.
The ceremony at the in laws family was just ok la, a bit boring. THen went this hotel in heart of city. THey had booked the restaurant, Lu Po Lang there. 30tables.. same tihng. Leng pan could have bloated me. But was damn nice, the food la. Ate the biggest lobster i have ever seen. The emcee told some really funny shanghaiese jokes, though i couldn't really comprehend. Heard each table cost 4000bucks RMB, that's a lot of money ok. But the hongbaos contained a lot of $$ too.
The bride and bg cut the cake, kissed, lighted every candle on table etc. Really, looking at them, i feel like marrying soon too. LOLX!@. There wre like 30 dishes for 8 people at a table, so got a lot left again. The custom is that if more than half is left, u are a pauper... haha. Well, the bride will be staying in that hotel for dongfang. An aunt asked me if there's any good gals in Singapore. I said honestly no, at leat not singapore-born ones... *dun kill me, i am being honest*
Went back in yet another car with that cousin. She was like locking my arms, holding my finger and resting her head on my shoulder. We are seriously close la. But i really hope to do it with my lover... But i really like these cousins.
The sky darkens very early. And everyone sleeps so early. I am like the only one who is bloggin and surfing net. Nd maybe reaidng harry potter later. Prob sleep at 11+, which is incredibly early for my standard.
btw, there's a lot of chiobus here, with excellent dress sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home