Friday, August 18, 2006

Values not Valuables

Hmm... actually i have been thinking abt the marks issue. abt talking 2 h3 etc and all that bullshit. And it boils to the question, do i pursue values or valuables? I know this may sound lame, but think abt it w/o a pre-condescending mentality, it actually does make sense.

Right now, my gpa is in a very precarious situation. My last year GPA simply sucks (with math x2 , ss, chi etc all getting 78/79).... so this year, i have to pull it up drastically. Assuming my eng and chi get 3.6, i basically can't afford more failures.

Yet... there is jap... I won't get 4.0 for it, maybe 3.6 if i'm lucky. Most probably i get 3.2/2.8 for it, which will pull down my gpa like crazy...>< I reckon if i drop it, my GPA this year will be 3.90, which will allow me to meet the criteria...

Yet thinking about it for some time, i finally decided not to drop it. the 3.9 GPA is very enticing, and will definitely help me pursue the valuables. But it devalues my point of learning. I took up jap becos it's interesting and i continued taking till sec 4 cos i like it, even though i have never really scored well for it.

It's different story from my dropping of geog. I was consistently getting around 85 (4.0)for geog, but to me, it was just too boring. My personal principle is that if i dun like it, why should i do it? If i had just wanted to pursue the valuables, i wldn't give up the free frag 4.0... yet jap now is completely the opposite, and yet another decision on whether i hold true to my values or pursue the valuables.

I have made a decision to remain true to my values. Even though it may be painful and disheartening, but at least i know i'm following my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home