Saturday, September 10, 2005

Primary School Days

yea, those were the days when i used to have such happy and carefree life. I was havin' a half-hour shower yesterday and i was thinking abt life then.
CTPS... met a lot of people who would become great friends of mine, many of whom i would still keep in contact nowadays. And the teachers then were sooooo nice. Mr Soh, Mrs Ang etc etc. I went back last yr juz to see them but unfortunately, they had both retired. And there was also this rich and chio gal from HK called Jane, also my good friend. Also, I was once a prefect there, just that I got sabo-ed by this malay and actually got sacked. Not much other memories, but had a memorable time there
PEPS.. better and more vivid memories. P4, when I just went there, it was like so unadaptable but i soon became an integral part of it. Could still remember Hong Cheng animately declaring his IQ to be 162 and mine to be 152. Could still remember bullying Shuliang the loser while still gaming with him, and he's actually in HCI now. And we were rather mischievous then, esp to Ms Chan, our P6 FT cum experience ex zoo keeper. We would get the whole class to set our watch alarm 5min before her lesson end to remind her "politely" that she's not welcome... though rather rude, it was amusing recalling it. And I once whacked Yangyi, the then assistant head prefect cos he was being too idiotic... so ms Chan called my parents, describing me as "naughty" with "attitude problem".
What I gathered was that in Primary School,grades and academic work weren't really consequential to us. May other than the gals, we din really care about school work. School is just fooling around during lessons, pissing Ms Chan off, racing to the canteen for recess and playing soccer after school. In fact, I did not study for my PSLE until July in 2002 and even then, i played football with my friends everyday. Well, compared to RI now, grades take priority over practically everything. You fail a test, and it's almost like the end of the world. You get 79 for Math and suddenly that 1 mark seems more important than say your family. Maybe this overemphasis on results is good in a certain way, but it's also bad from another perspective too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home